The Mission and Movement of the Master
“When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said, ‘I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.’”
John 8:12 (NIV)
Brimming from the ancient pages of the four Gospels rise significant and specific accounts of the life and ministry of Jesus of Nazareth. First-century Israel served as the backdrop to His three-year ministry that would one day reach all the nations.
From the angel Gabriel’s announcement to Mary, through Jesus’ ascension back to His Father, a vibrant picture of the God-Man emerges through the four Gospel writers. Matthew skillfully uses the Old Testament to confirm God’s salvation plan for Israel through His Son; Mark’s action-packed narrative focuses on the week leading to Jesus’ crucifixion and resurrection, revealing Jesus as the suffering Son of Man and servant of all; Luke guides us through Jesus’ travels from Galilee to Jerusalem as God’s salvation plan is revealed; and John’s emphasis points us to Jesus as the One sent from God the Father. Together, the four Gospels reveal One Messiah, demonstrating His mission and movements by the power of God’s plan.
Tune in to this message series for an in-depth look at the Gospel accounts, where you will:
- Uncover how Jesus’ years of earthly ministry fit together to unveil a beautiful mosaic of our Savior through His interactions with people, teachings, and miracles.
- Discover the strategic purposes behind Jesus’ travels as He crisscrossed Galilee and journeyed south to Jerusalem.
- See how His ministry to all people demonstrated His love.
- Encounter a more comprehensive and interactive experience with the Savior.
- Grow even more confident that following Jesus is God’s plan for the world.
Rhome serves as a Stonebriar Elder, leads the Men’s Wednesday Night Bible Study, and is the founder of Sacra Script ministries. Along with a diploma in Biblical Studies from Columbia Bible College, he holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in History with an emphasis on the Reformation from Simon Fraser University and a Th.M. in Historical Theology from Dallas Theological Seminary.
Learn more about Rhome and his ministry.