Our Mission: To honor widows through comfort, support, and encouragement in order that they may find understanding and validation of their feelings, as well as help for today and hope for the future.
- Love one another. John 15:12
- Comfort one another. 1 Thessalonians 4:18
- Encourage one another. Hebrews 3:13
- Pray for one another. James 5:15
- Honor widows. 1 Timothy 5:3
“He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others.” (2 Corinthians 1:4)
Widows’ Fellowship and Encouragement Group: Widows in our church and community are invited to meet for a time of fellowship and encouragement. The group meets the second Saturday of the month at 10 a.m. in room B151-152. Please email email@example.com if you need childcare during this meeting.
Fellowship: This unique group of women would like the opportunity to gather together for fellowship because they share a desire to follow God and enjoy the support and encouragement felt from those who understand their unique loss.
This will be done in the following ways:
- One of the widows within the ministry will reach out to offer understanding, empathy, encouragement, and hope to those who have been recently widowed.
- Other connection points for fellowship will be group invites to attend various Stonebriar events, as well as intentional encouragement to help widows become involved in small group communities at Stonebriar.
Resource: The leadership of the Widows’ Ministry would like to connect volunteers with widows who need assistance. These volunteers can help in daily, practical ways with tasks that do not require a professional.
For more information on upcoming opportunities, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10, TLB)