There are many ways you can support individuals and families impacted by disabilities in our church and community. Our GIFT Ministry (God Is Faithful Throughout) serves more than 100 families with special needs, and we welcome volunteers to serve in our programs. We’ve also included ideas and resources below to help you support, encourage, and advocate for those with special needs and their families in our community.
Ways to Serve in Our Church
Contact Darla Hill at email@example.com to learn how you may serve families with special needs alongside our GIFT Ministry. Experience with special needs is not required.
You can also search for open opportunities on our Serving page.
Ways to Serve in Our Community
Pray for Common Needs
- Faith, health and safety of our GIFT staff, families, and volunteers.
- Strong marriages for couples with special needs children.
- Housing and employment opportunities for teens and adults with special needs.
- Community, therapeutic and educational services for those with disabilities.
- Friendship and community for those with disabilities and their families.
Partner with a Family
- Offer support such as shopping, transportation, babysitting, help around the house, and meals.
- Walk alongside those receiving a diagnosis or having a difficult time. Download this helpful guide.
Hire Those with Special Needs
- Support companies who hire those with special needs and tell business owners “thank you!” for doing so.
- Hire teens and adults with special needs. Here are two organizations that will help:
GIFT Ministry Team
If you have any questions, please reach out to Darla Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 469-252-5358. We look forward to welcoming your family to our community.