To serve in the Special Needs Ministry on campus, explore these serving opportunities or contact us.
In Your Home
Pray for these common needs:
- Faith, health and safety of our GIFT staff, families and volunteers.
- Strong marriages for couples with special needs children.
- Housing and employment opportunities for teens and adults with special needs.
- Community, therapeutic and educational services for those with disabilities.
- Friendship and community for those with disabilities and their families.
In Your Neighborhood
Offer prayer support, encouragement, and helpful services such as shopping, transportation, babysitting, help around the house, and cooking. Walk alongside a family during a difficult time; download this helpful guide.
In Your Community
Thank companies who hire teens and adults with special needs. If you’d like more information on doing so, find help from the Texas Workforce Commissions VR services.
If you are beginning to think through why and how you personally can love others in our church who have special needs and their families, please read this featured article from Stonebriar Community Church’s Parenting Pathway blog.
by Meaghan Wall
Had the innkeeper known Mary was carrying the Savior of the World, might he have done whatever possible to give Mary the finest accommodations? Had he Prepared Him Room, how do you think his life would have been forever changed?
Instead of wondering how the church might be forever changed if we looked at all children coming into our ministry as if they were children of the King, let’s welcome them in and see what happens.
More Parenting Pathway Articles
- See the World Through a Different Lensby Meaghan Wall on April 23, 2020
April is National Autism Awareness Month, something near to the hearts of so many families we know. If you are not directly impacted by autism in […]
- Parenting Pathway Podcast: Living with Autismby Dave Carl on August 2, 2019
We recently invited Julie Hornok, a friend of our church’s special needs ministry, to sit with us and talk about her new book and the ministry she […]
- Ministering to Families with Adopted and Foster Childrenby Dr. Andi Thacker on February 12, 2019
Recently, we had the opportunity to invite Dr. Andi Thacker to speak at a networking luncheon for churches and staff involved in special needs […]
- There Was No Room for Them in the Innby Meaghan Wall on December 7, 2018
As we enter the Advent Season, we’re often reminded to “Prepare Him Room”. We set up special activities like the Advent Wreath or the Jesse […]