The Junction 56 Reaching People on the Fringes Basket Challenge has started and will continue through November 22. We challenge each Junction 56 family to reach their neighbors and start an intentional, long-term friendship with a person or family who needs encouragement.
Here are a few steps to get you started:
- Pray as a family for God to reveal a person or family in need. (Think of a family who is lonely, overwhelmed, unloved, hopeless, or in financial need)
- Brainstorm ways you can bless them.
- Make a list of items to gather, make, or purchase for their basket.
- Have each member of your family write a letter of encouragement.
- Deliver your basket on or before Thanksgiving Day. people in need this Thanksgiving!
Here are some basket ideas: baked goods, gift cards, movies, games, books, a meal, snacks, toys, Christmas toys, an invitation to dinner or games at your house, mittens, drawings, magazines, candles, Christmas ornament, candy, your family’s contact information, coupons for things that would be helpful to them such as raking their leaves or walking their dog.
We hope you’ll take this opportunity to reach people in need this Thanksgiving!