As we prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas, let’s share our joy and blessings with our neighbors in need, both across the street and around the world! Stonebriar’s Season of Giving includes these amazing opportunities:
What to Donate: Thanks for Giving
We need an exact number of specific food items for our Thanks for Giving bags, so we ask that you please follow these steps as you plan your donations:
- Stop by the Thanks for Giving tables around our church campus between October 22 and November 5.
- Note that each table has slips of paper labeled with a needed item.
- Take the exact number of slips that you plan to donate of each specific item. For example, if you take four slips labeled Canned Fruit, please plan to donate four cans of fruit.
- Alternatively, you can register online to let us know which items you plan to donate.
What to Donate: Operation Christmas Child
To donate a shoebox gift for Operation Christmas Child, here is what you’ll need:
- A Shoebox: You can use a cardboard shoebox or purchase a plastic shoebox. Plastic shoeboxes are preferred, as the families who receive these boxes can use them to safely store belongings.
- A Label: Print a label from OCC’s website to adhere to your box. Use this label to indicate whether the box is intended for a boy or a girl and which age category it fits.
- Toys and Hygiene Items: Fill your shoebox with gifts from OCC’s list of approved and suggested items. Please carefully follow the guidelines on what not to include.
- A Letter or Picture (optional): Feel free to add a personal touch to your shoebox gift by including a letter, photograph, or drawing from your family.
When & Where to Drop Off All Donations
The best time to drop off your donations for both Thanks for Giving and Operation Christmas Child is during our festive drive-thru collection event!:
4 to 7 p.m.
Outside Building A Near the Flagpoles
(West side of campus off Parkwood Boulevard | Download Campus Map)
If you are unable to stop by the drive-thru, you may drop off your donations any time the church is open by placing them on the Season of Giving collection racks, located throughout the campus. Be sure to bring all donations by November 10!
More Ways to Help
- Come and pack grocery items into our Thanks for Giving bags on Saturday, November 11! View volunteer shifts and sign up to serve with us.
- Pray for those who will receive donations from our Season of Giving. Pray that God would use these gifts to show them His love and care, and that all would come to faith in Jesus.
- Save the date for our Stocking Stuffer Drive on November 19–December 1, when we will collect Christmas goodies to fill 2,000 stockings for local kids through Christian Community Action.
- Save the date for our Comfort & Joy drive November 26–December 15, when we will collect winter items (such as hats, gloves, and handwarmers) to fill 450 gift bags for the homeless in South Dallas. We’ll also need volunteers to help us distribute these gifts on Christmas Eve!
As we celebrate the holidays, let’s share our joy and blessings with our neighbors in need! Stonebriar’s Season of Giving is off to an amazing start—at the beginning of November, our church family came together to provide Thanks for Giving groceries for 850 families in our community and Operation Christmas Child gifts for 1,059 kids around the world.
Now, as the season continues, we have a few more opportunities to love our neighbors in Jesus’ name:
Comfort & Joy
Give some comfort and joy to the homeless in South Dallas by donating winter clothes and supplies, such as gloves, hats, and hand warmers.
Weekly Food Drive
Provide help and hope for our neighbors facing hunger. All year long, we collect canned foods and pantry goods on Mondays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. outside Building B (off Legendary Drive).