31 Jan Feed My Starving Children
Help us assemble 1,000,000 meals
for starving children around the world
On February 28–March 2, 2019, Stonebriar will once again partner with Feed My Starving Children (FMSC), a non-profit Christian organization committed to feeding God’s children in nearly 70 countries around the world. Volunteers will be needed to prepare and hand-pack meals specially formulated for starving children. This is a great opportunity to serve as an individual, family, or small group. Childcare is not available for this event.
Packing Shift Times
Thursday, February 28, 2019 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. (event set-up) Friday, March 1, 2019 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, March 2, 2019 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. (event tear-down)
Thursday, February 28, 2019
2 p.m. to 5 p.m. (event set-up)
Friday, March 1, 2019
10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday, March 2, 2019
8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
4 p.m. to 8 p.m. (event tear-down)
Join our crew!
If you’ve served at the BigPack Frisco before and are ready for new challenge, join the Stonebriar crew or parking team! Instead of packing meals, you will help with a variety of tasks that help keep the event running smoothly. Choose the time slot and role that fits your schedule and interests, and sign up to help us make a difference!
Location and Check-In
Stonebriar Community Church is located at 4801 Legendary Drive, Frisco, Texas 75034. Park on the west side of campus off Parkwood Boulevard. Enter through the doors under the stained glass windows. Volunteers will greet and direct you to the orientation area.
What will I be packing?
Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) has worked to develop a food mixture that would be easy and safe to transport, simple to make with only boiling water, and culturally acceptable worldwide.
With the input of scientists from major food companies in the Twin Cities area—including Cargill and General Mills—FMSC developed MannaPack-Rice, a formula consisting of these ingredients:
• Rice, the most widely accepted grain around the world.
• Extruded soy nuggets, providing maximum protein at lowest cost.
• Vitamins, minerals, and a vegetarian chicken flavoring to give growing children the critical nutritional elements they need.
• Dehydrated vegetables for flavor and nutrition. Packaged in small pouches, each provides six highly nutritious meals. While the formula was designed to save the lives of severely malnourished and starving children, the ingredients also improve the health, growth, and physical well-being of children who are no longer in immediate danger of starvation. A single bag of food provides meals for six children.
Our goal is to pack up to 1,000,000 meals.
2018 facts and figures
• 4001 volunteers packed both Friday and Saturday (a total of 21 packing hours).
• Together, we packed 1,207,656 meals.
• Our 5591 boxes of food were distributed in Haiti, El Salvador, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic.
• 3308 children are being fed for a full year!
If you have any questions, please reach out to Jean Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.