31 Jan Feed My Starving Children
Help us pack 1,000,000 meals for kids around the world on February 27–29!
On February 27–29, Stonebriar will once again partner with Feed My Starving Children (FMSC), a non-profit Christian organization committed to feeding God’s children in nearly 70 countries around the world.
2020 Packing Shifts
Volunteers are needed to help prepare and hand-pack 1 million meals specially formulated for starving children. This is a great annual opportunity to serve as an individual, family (ages 5 and up), or small group. Childcare is not available for this event.
Thursday, Feb. 27
- 6:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (special needs night)
Friday, Feb. 28
- 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 28
- 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. (event tear-down)
Feed My Starving Children collects monetary donations to help cover the cost of meal ingredients. Each meal costs only 25 cents to produce, so every donation matters. A gift of $88 feeds a child for an entire year! Visit the Feed My Starving Children website to donate today.
If you’ve served at the BigPack Frisco before and are ready for a new challenge, join the parking team! Instead of packing meals, you will help keep the traffic moving in the parking lot and welcome volunteers as they arrive.
Special Needs Night
The Incredible Big Pack, held on Thursday, February 27 at 6:15 p.m., is a packing shift exclusively for those with special needs and their families. This event has special modifications to make it sensory-friendly so everyone gets a chance to help end hunger.
Location and Check In
Stonebriar Community Church is located at 4801 Legendary Drive, Frisco, Texas 75034. Park on the west side of campus off Parkwood Boulevard.
To "check in", enter through the doors under the stained glass windows. Volunteers will greet and direct you to the orientation area.
What Will I Be Packing?
Feed My Starving Children (FMSC) has worked to develop a food mixture that would be easy and safe to transport, simple to make with only boiling water, and culturally acceptable worldwide.
With the input of scientists from major food companies in the Twin Cities area—including Cargill and General Mills—FMSC developed MannaPack-Rice, a formula consisting of these ingredients:
- Rice, the most widely accepted grain around the world.
- Extruded soy nuggets, providing maximum protein at lowest cost.
- Vitamins, minerals, and a vegetarian chicken flavoring to give growing children the critical nutritional elements they need
- Dehydrated vegetables for flavor and nutrition. Packaged in small pouches, each provides six highly nutritious meals. While the formula was designed to save the lives of severely malnourished and starving children, the ingredients also improve the health, growth, and physical well-being of children who are no longer in immediate danger of starvation. A single bag of food provides meals for six children.
Our goal is to pack up to 1,000,000 meals.
2019 Facts and Figures
Together, we packed 1,028,160 meals!
- 2,240 boxes were shipped to Convoy of Hope in Haiti
- 2,520 boxes were shipped to Cross Catholic Outreach in Guatemala
- 2,816 children will be fed for a full year!
If you have any questions, please reach out to Jean Allen at email@example.com.