28 Jun Stonebriar Minute: Reaching the World Online
Throughout the COVID-19 shutdown, our church has been offering worship services, groups, and events online in both English and Spanish, and God has used these opportunities to reach people with the Gospel all over the world!
Read on for a glimpse of what God has been doing through our online ministries, and please join us in praying that He would continue to minister both locally and globally through our church.
- Our Sunday worship services have been viewed in more than 18 states and 10 countries beyond the United States, and we’ve been able to pray with and minister to these viewers as they worship with us from afar.
- Our online programs, such as our Summer Marriage Study, Summer Date Nights, Women’s Online Bible Studies, and Simple Evangelism class, have had participants not only from across Texas, but from New York, California, Florida, Oregon, Tennessee, and even England.
- Over the past month, each of our Sunday worship services in English have averaged 3,000 views on Facebook and 4,725 views on YouTube.
- A church in Honduras that has 250 congregations in small villages across the country reached out to Stonebriar en Español for help with providing online programming during the pandemic. The SEE team has helped them prepare online services that use our worship in Spanish to serve their congregations.
- Through a prayer request submitted on our website, we were able to help connect a man who has stage four esophageal cancer with a pastor in his area. After meeting with this pastor, the man with cancer understood the Gospel and received Jesus as his personal Savior.
- After their pastor resigned, a Hispanic church in Shreveport, Louisiana, connected with Stonebriar en Espanol’s online programs and worship services as their way to stay spiritually fed during the transition.
Gratitude from Friends Around the World
- “We are so blessed to be able to listen to and sing along with songs of praise and to hear God’s Word . . . so calming and soothing. We so look forward to your service. God bless Stonebriar Church for sharing these wonderful services worldwide.” Bonnie from Australia
- “We are grateful for your ministry and teaching through the Sunday services being available to us via the internet here in New Zealand . . . Thank you, God is ministering to us through you. God bless you all.” Merryn and Graham from New Zealand
- “I visit Stonebriar whenever in Texas as I now live in Alabama. Thank you for the one place I have found that maintains beauty and worship in music along with powerful preaching of the Word. So thankful I can watch every Sunday online.” Cornelia from Alabama
- “Thank you [for Stonebriar Prayer & Praise]. Lovely joining you from my living room in Spokane, Washington. Still in full lockdown, 70 days and counting.” Marilyn from Washington
- “Worshipping God with you from Brazil in quarantine.” Enezio from Brazil
- “I am grateful for all the virtual communication coming from SCC. My body is immunocompromised, and I don’t know if I will ever get to join our church crowd together again. However, with the way things are operating today, I don’t feel distant from everyone in the church.” Jeanne from Frisco, watching from a hospital facility
- “I look forward each Sunday to hearing the music and message that Pastor Chuck brings. What a blessing! Thank you for making this possible.” Lucia from Arkansas
- “Love you guys. Thank you for the uplifting program each week; listening [to Stonebriar Prayer & Praise] from Melbourne.” Tim from Australia
- “Thank you for your great encouragement . . . All the way to Johannesburg, South Africa! Yes, we’re all in this strangeness together, and I’m so thankful for Stonebriar—we as a family listen to Sunday sermons and worship and find God’s strength and Hope in His Word. We’ve had a period of a very difficult and ongoing trial (my husband of 39 years has Vascular/FT dementia, and the small Montessori school my 2 daughters and I have run since 2006 has had to close in this lockdown, losing our income). Thank you for your care and encouragement! God bless you all!” Gaynor from South Africa
Nationwide Reach Since March
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
Global Reach Since March
- New Zealand
- South Africa
Though this has been a challenging season, we hope you are encouraged to hear one of the ways God is using our circumstances for His glory and the good of His people. Thank you for being a part of our church family and for partnering with us in prayer and giving during this unusual time. If you have any questions about our online ministries, please reach out to our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.