Virtual Clubhouse Video
Bible Story Summary
- The Philistines came to fight against Israel, and King Saul gathered an army to fight.
- The Philistine army had more soldiers and horses, and the Israelites were afraid.
- Saul made an offering to God, but that was a job only Samuel the priest could do.
- Samuel told Saul that because he did not obey God, he would not be king anymore. God would choose a king who would obey Him.
God made Saul king, but King Saul did not obey God. God sent His Son, Jesus, to be king over everything. King Jesus obeyed God perfectly.
Ket Passage Phrase
My eyes have seen the Lord. (Isaiah 6:5)
Big Picture Question
Why does sin separate us from God? Because God is holy.
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us.” (1 John 1:9)
Additional Resources for Sunday
- Watch Preschool Memory Verse Song: 1 John 1:9
Help kids learn the memory verse through song.
- Download Early Childhood Activity Guide
Hands-on activities for preschoolers to help reinforce this week’s teaching truth.
- New Gospel Project @home Resources
LifeWay’s Ministry Grid training resources to help you prepare the lesson. (Login is required.)
- Spotify Playlist: Stonebriar Early Childhood
A playlist of our favorite Early Childhood Ministry songs to correspond with our weekly lessons.
In Early Childhood ministry, we teach basic biblical truths in ways little hearts can understand, from birth all the way through kindergarten. Our desire is to have children learn in fun and interesting ways how much God loves them. The video and resources on this page are designed for parents to experience this at home with their children.