Virtual Clubhouse Video
Bible Story Summary
- Jeroboam was the king of Israel. He made two calves for God’s people to worship.
- King Jeroboam led God’s people to worship false gods.
- God sent a prophet to warn Jeroboam, but Jeroboam did not turn from his evil ways.
- Because of Jeroboam’s sin, Jeroboam’s kingdom would one day be destroyed.
Sin separates us from God. Jesus came to bring us back to God. Jesus is the true King who gave His life so we can be forgiven. His kingdom will last forever.
Big Picture Question
What is idolatry? Idolatry is loving something else more than God.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your strength.”
Additional Resources for Sunday
- Download Early Childhood Activity Guide
Hands-on activities for preschoolers to help reinforce this week’s teaching truth.
- Watch Memory Verse Song: Deuteronomy 6:5
Help kids learn the memory verse through song.
- New Gospel Project @home Resources
LifeWay’s Ministry Grid training resources to help you prepare the lesson. (Login is required.)
- Spotify Playlist: Stonebriar Early Childhood- Fall 2022
A playlist of our favorite Early Childhood Ministry songs to correspond with our weekly lessons.
In Early Childhood ministry, we teach basic biblical truths in ways little hearts can understand, from birth all the way through kindergarten. Our desire is to have children learn in fun and interesting ways how much God loves them. The video and resources on this page are designed for parents to experience this at home with their children.