WE Group (Widow's Encouragement Group)
To honor widows through comfort, support, and encouragement in order that they may find understanding and validation of their feelings, as well as help for today and hope for the future.
- Love one another. John 15:12
- Comfort one another. 1 Thessalonians 4:18
- Encourage one another. Hebrews 3:13
- Pray for one another. James 5:15
- Honor widows. 1 Timothy 5:3
“Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 (TLB)
"He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others." 2 Corinthians 1:4
Widows Fellowship and Encouragment Event
Widows in our church and community are invited to meet for a time of fellowship and encouragement. The group meets the second Saturday of the month at 10 a.m. in room B150. For more information on upcoming opportunities, e-mail us at widowsministrystonebriar.org.
Two key focuses for the first year
Fellowship: This unique group of women would like the opportunity to gather together for fellowship because they share a desire to follow God and enjoy the support and encouragement felt from those who understand their unique loss.
This will be done in the following ways:
- One of the widows within the ministry will reach out to offer understanding, empathy, encouragement, and hope to those who have been recently widowed.
- Other connection points for fellowship will be group invites to attend various Stonebriar events, as well as intentional encouragement to help widows become involved in small group communities at Stonebriar (bible studies, adult fellowships…)
Resource: The leadership of the Widows Ministry would like to connect those who have volunteered to help in daily practical ways with those widows who need assistance with tasks that do not require a professional.
E-mail us: widowsministrystonebriar.org
- News to Us
Clothe a Child
There are children in our backyard who cannot afford a new pair of sneakers or a jacket for the fall and winter seasons. Clothe a Child exists to provide clothing for children in need in our community. Area school districts...
Recent hurricanes have taken a devastating toll in our world. Please join us in showing the love of Christ to those who have lost so much in these catastrophes. Visit the web page to pray, give, and serve.