To honor widows through comfort, support, and encouragement in order that they may find understanding and validation of their feelings, as well as help for today and hope for the future.
- Love one another. John 15:12
- Comfort one another. 1 Thessalonians 4:18
- Encourage one another. Hebrews 3:13
- Pray for one another. James 5:15
- Honor widows. 1 Timothy 5:3
“Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 (TLB)
"He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others." 2 Corinthians 1:4
Widows' Valentine Luncheon
We will host our annual Widows’ Valentine Luncheon on Tuesday, February 14 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room. Please join us for a special time of lunch, music, and an encouraging message. This event is open to every lady who has lost her husband, so feel free to invite others.
RSVP by Friday, February 10 to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 469-252-5378. We look forward to seeing you there!
Widows Fellowship and Encouragment Event
Widows in our church and community are invited to meet for a time of fellowship and encouragement. The group meets the second Saturday of the month at 10 a.m. in room B151–B152. For more information on upcoming opportunities, e-mail us at widowsministrystonebriar.org.
Two key focuses for the first year
Fellowship: This unique group of women would like the opportunity to gather together for fellowship because they share a desire to follow God and enjoy the support and encouragement felt from those who understand their unique loss.
This will be done in the following ways:
- One of the widows within the ministry will reach out to offer understanding, empathy, encouragement, and hope to those who have been recently widowed.
- Other connection points for fellowship will be group invites to attend various Stonebriar events, as well as intentional encouragement to help widows become involved in small group communities at Stonebriar (bible studies, adult fellowships…)
Resource: The leadership of the Widows Ministry would like to connect those who have volunteered to help in daily practical ways with those widows who need assistance with tasks that do not require a professional.
E-mail us: widowsministrystonebriar.org
- News to Us
Serve with Summer Lunches
Help prepare, pack, deliver, and serve these lunches to children this summer in Little Elm and Frisco. This is a great opportunity for families and groups to serve together. Learn more and sign up online.
Summer of Service
Men, this summer we will offer a different experience. Rather than a summer Bible study, we have arranged several service projects in partnership with our Missional Living ministry June 17, July 15 and August 19. Visit the...