Joni and Friends Retreat
Joni and Friends Family Retreat is a place for the whole family to have fun in a safe and accepting environment. You'll enjoy fun activities, dine on delicious food, relax, meet and fellowship with others . . . all in a beautiful setting. Most importantly, you'll build lasting memories and find renewed hope in God.
Location and Dates
Camp Allen in Navasota, TX: GIFT families, staff and volunteers typically attend one of the first two weeks*:
- Week 1: June 20-24*
- Week 2: June 27-July 1*
- Week 3: July 4-8
- Register and find information through Joni and Friends
- Registration questions should be directed to Mary Grace Rushing at 972-941-4525 or mrushingjoniandfriends.org
- Download GIFT Ministry scholarship application
A typical day looks like this:
Caring and trained volunteers, called Short Term Missionaries (STMs), are assigned to assist each family. You'll get to know your STM soon after you arrive and especially during the first night's ice cream social. The following three days will look much like this:
- Breakfast is with your family and STM, followed by worship time.
- Morning through middle-afternoon:
- STMs attend activities with your children including Bible time, crafts, fishing, and more.
- Parents may attend seminars that address relevant family issues, enjoy the art spa, take a trip to the lake, play games, swing on the giant swing, go for a long walk, swim, or just relax.
- Afternoon activities are offered for families (without STMs) such as swimming, games, and more.
- Dinner is with your family and STM.
- Evening programs, including a dance and a talent show, provide fun for your family with help from your STM.
- A restful night's sleep awaits you in your private, air-conditioned room.
- News to Us
Join us this Sunday for worship and a message from Pastor Chuck Swindoll. Share the events to invite family and friends.
Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 5
The Dallas Symphony Orchestra will return to our church on Saturday, June 2 at 6 p.m. to present Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 5. Tickets are only $19 for adults and $9 for students. Purchase online.