What is Community Care?
The Community Care Ministry believes that part of encouraging all people to pursue a lifelong, joyous relationship with Jesus Christ is allowing God to use us to care for and encourage those around us. We want to use the gifts and resources God has given us to show the love of Christ as we minister to those in need.
Our biblical commission is found in Matthew 22:37-39: And He said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
We seek to accomplish this through service to people beyond the walls of our church by partnering with ministries and organizations in the community of Frisco and the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex. This service will be provided with "caring ministries" that are prayerfully organized and dependent on the power of the Holy Spirit to meet the practical needs of our communities, providing encouragement and support, and advancing the gospel of Jesus Christ in all we do.
Beyond These Walls
Beyond These Walls is a monthly gathering that focuses on ways we can minister outside the walls of our church. This meeting is for people of all ages and walks of life.
Beyond These Walls meets the second Sunday of each month after second service from 12:15 to 1:30 p.m. in room A104 for a time of sharing the vision of our Community Care Ministry, and a discussion of upcoming ministry opportunities. A light lunch is provided.
Isaiah 58:10 has been a wonderful reminder for all of the members of this group to be part of something larger than themselves, "If you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday."
For more information about this ministry, contact Karen at karenhstonebriar.org.
Ways to Care for our Community
"I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink."
- Frisco Family Services Center: An ongoing opportunity to serve and provide for our local community.
- Thanks for Giving: A partnership with Frisco Family Services Center to provide Thanksgiving dinner to 100 local families.
- C-Kids: A ministry to inner city kids in South Dallas.
- Summer Lunch Program: Provides children with an afternoon meal and weekend snack pack during the summer months.
- Frisco FastPacs: Provides food for children when school is not in session.
"I was a stranger and you invited me in."
- The Samaritan Inn: A comprehensive homeless program that helps willing people gain dignity and independence.
"I needed clothes and you clothed me."
- Clothe a Child: An opportunity to address the clothing needs of economically disadvantaged children in our communities.
- Ministry to Homeless in South Dallas: Community Care is supporting the ministry of Cornerstone Baptist Church as they serve the homeless and working poor of South Dallas.
"I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."
- Frisco Cares: Provides healthcare to uninsured residents.
Matthew 25:37-40 "Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go and visit you?' The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brother and sisters of mine, you did for me."
Isaiah 1:17 from the Message "Say no to wrong. Learn to do good. Work for justice. Help the down-and-out. Stand up for the homeless. Go to bat for the defenseless."
- School Supply Drive: An opportunity to provide necessary school supplies to families with limited income.
- Baby Bottles For Life: A partnership with Real Options for Women, a local pregnancy resource center.
- Frisco Connect: A job networking group for those in job transition or dealing with job loss.
- Reach Up Reach Out: A weekly time of prayer and encouragement for those going through job loss.
- Reach4Hope Homework Center of South Dallas: Provides a homemade meal, homework assistance, and character-based mentoring to children in South Dallas.
- Coventry: A distinctive day program for adults with special needs.
- Collin County Child Advocacy Center: Provides safety to children victimized by abuse or neglect. Offers support and promotes healing for families in Collin County.
- Widows Ministry: Encouragement for widows in our community.
Want to Learn More About Community Care?
If you have questions or would like more information, call the Community Care office at 469-252-5241 or contact us online.
- News to Us
Join us this Sunday for worship and a message from Pastor Chuck Swindoll. Share the events to invite family and friends.
Parenting Prodigals is devoted to those with wayward children or grandchildren. We provide a supportive, confidential community and share valuable tools for facing the challenges of loving a wayward child. Spring sessions begin...