The Special Needs Ministry meets the spiritual, physical, and social needs of children, teens, and adults with disabilities.
Our facilities, including the children’s playground, handicap parking, ramps, doorways, and bathrooms, meet the Americans with Disabilities Act’s (ADA) requirements. In addition, we have several wheelchairs available. For assistance, please ask our ushers at the Worship Center entrances.
We believe everyone deserves an equal opportunity to worship, learn, and serve in our church, regardless of their abilities.
One major aspect of Jesus Christ's ministry on earth was His outreach to people with disabilities. He repeatedly invited individuals who were blind, deaf, lame, and sick to enter the kingdom of God by trusting Him as their Savior. Christ also worked mightily in their lives by healing them.
People with disabilities were at the forefront of Jesus’ earthly ministry. Then as well as now, they have a very important role in God's work on earth. Through them, He demonstrates His great power, love, and mercy to the world.
- To understand and implement the biblical principles of our Special Needs Ministry
- To hold to a ministry philosophy that is inclusive
- To intentionally and systematically share the Good News of Jesus Christ with people who have disabilities and to help them grow in their faith
- To integrate people with disabilities into the life of a church body, giving them an opportunity to have active roles in serving God
- To support the families of the disabled through counseling, if needed
- To provide a Special Needs Ministry staff that includes people who are trained to minister to the disabled
- To serve as a witness to the community by meeting the spiritual, physical, and social needs of disabled persons